Thursday, March 31, 2016

New Tricks for an Old Dog

Digital photography and software have opened up a whole new art form.  I come from a family of artists and yet I cannot draw a straight line.  It is so bad that if you draw a straight line and ask me to cut it with scissors, I couldn't do it.  

Photography has become my creative outlet.  I see pictures in my head all the time so having a camera to capture what I see has become a passion.  To then edit and manipulate the photos to create art has been a new adventure.  

There are times that I can't capture the true beauty of the object. The photo is just not sharp enough or the lighting is wrong.  Maybe I am a little late and the flower I am trying to capture has started to brown, wither and die.  I can take the photo and play with the colors to create a new way of seeing the object. 

It is a learning process and I learn more each time I try.  Here are a few of my pieces of "art" for lack of a better term.  It is interesting how folks have shared with me that they love the picture, but they need it in different colors to match their decor. We all have our likes and dislikes.  I have to be true to myself and create what I see as uniquely me.  However, I can make it uniquely you by going back and changing the colors when needed.  

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment. I would like to know what YOU think too. Art is highly personal - I hope I made something that made you happy. 


All photos are available for purchase. Feel free to order through the Society6 site (upper corner of blog) or by contacting me directly. Some pictures are also available as wall clocks, pillows, mugs, laptop covers and more. They can be printed on paper, canvas, metal or glass.  

Copyright 2016 Amy Beste

Copyright 2016 Amy Beste

Copyright 2016 Amy Beste

Copyright 2016 Amy Beste
Thank you for looking!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by your progress and your natural talent - and that's a no bull assessment from a professional photographer. Great work. I can't imagine what your portfolio will look like in another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by your progress and your natural talent - and that's a no bull assessment from a professional photographer. Great work. I can't imagine what your portfolio will look like in another year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Comments are welcome but moderated for SPAM.